CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Rachel Caine Bookplate Contest!

Okay, so on Rachel Caine's live journal page she announced that she is having a bookplate contest. Here is a copy of what it says.


BOOKPLATE CONTEST!
Hoorah, I'm having a contest! And here's what it is:

THE DESIGN MY BOOKPLATES CONTEST!

Yeah, I could design my own, but I thought it'd be fun to see what kind of amazing creativity you guys can come up with, since I know many of you are art-inclined, and I love hearing from my readers and making them part of all the crazy.

If your design wins, you'll get a copyright credit at the bottom of the bookplate AND a free signed copy of a Rachel Caine book of your choice, a $50 Barnes & Noble gift card, plus 100 of the printed bookplates as your very own. (I don't sell these bookplates, I give them away.)

So, what's a "bookplate"? Basically, it's a label you put inside a book to identify it as your own. Only these will also feature space for me to sign them for people who don't have the opportunity to see me and get their books signed in person.



THE DETAILS:
Artwork size: Create your design for this pre-sized template in Photoshop or Illustrator (links will download the templates from Vistaprint)

Or, use these specs:
Full Bleed Size
3.54" x 2.05"
90mm x 52mm
1062 x 615 pixels

Document Trim Size
3.43" x 1.93"
87mm x 49mm
1029 x 579 pixels

File type: 300 dpi jpg.

ELEMENTS OF YOUR BOOKPLATE:
* The words "Ex Libris" with a space for the owner's name
* A space for my signature
* www.rachelcaine.com

IMPORTANT: DO NOT use any elements of the existing cover art in the design, as these designs are all copyrighted by the publisher or the artists! Use of existing cover art elements will disqualify your entry.

Here is a link to flickr images you can use - these are all licensed to me for promotional use. HOWEVER, please do not reuse them elsewhere for other purposes.

I'm looking for designs in any of the following categories:

- Morganville Vampires
- Weather Warden/Outcast Season
- The Revivalist (I know you don't know much about this yet, but check out the new Revivalist website for a design idea ...)
- General Rachel Caine

Submission deadline: January 31, 2011

Submit designs via email to rachel (at) rachelcaine (dot) com with the subject line of BOOKPLATE ENTRY, and be sure to specify which category you're entering.



So what do you think? Interested? You'll also be featured on my blog and in the newsletter, too!

Designs will be posted and I'll let voting commence on February 1, so don't be late with your submission or you'll miss out!

-- Rachel


So I was thinking of entering, but I don't know if I should. 
I was planning on entering a bookplate for the Morganville Vampires categorie.
Now I think I will show you guys what I was planning to submit and see what you guys think about it. Here it is:

Please note this isn't the actual size. 
So what do you guys think about it? I would love to hear your thoughts, it may determine if I enter this contest thing or not.
Thanks,
 --Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...