CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Wicked Lovely

Melissa Marr, author of Wicked Lovely and various other books.

Title: Wicked Lovely
Author: Melissa Marr
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: June 2007
Hardcover: 328

Summary:
All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see? A debut fantasy romance for the ages; superlative summer read.

Book Review:
Okay so I know this book has been out for awhile, but I'm out of new stuff to review for the next couple of days. I read this awhile ago so, yeah. When I first saw the book I wanted to read it mainly because it had a pretty cover. I know, don't least one book because of it's cover. Good thing it turned out good. I liked this book a lot. The whole story line was unique and well written. Melissa Marr is amazing writer and knows how to craft and weave a really good story. Aislnn was an okay character though. Even though she was the main character I tended to like the supporting characters more. Like Set. Seth is one of my all time favorite male characters. He is hard to describe and I praise Melissa Marr for being able to create such wonderful characters. Whats sad is after I read this book I read the rest of the series up to Fragile Eternity. I kinda liked Ink Exchange, but I didn't really like Fragile Eternity. Yeah some people say that they're good books and all, but I guess I don't like the way the story line went. The writing was just as good though. Just personally I not sure if I'm going to read the rest of the books.

Notable Quotes:
"She stood in his kitchen, watching him toy with the ring in his lip. It wasn't quite that he was biting it, but sucking it into his mouth. He did that when he was concentrating. It isn't sexy. He's not sexy. But he was, and she was staring at him like a fool. "wow" she whispered (.....)"Wow, huh?" His voice was low, husky. His chair creaked as he stood. His footsteps seemed strangely loud as he closed the couple yards between them. Then he was beside her. "I can work with wow" 
"And he smiled at her, truely smiled- wicked and lovely..."
"His blue-black hair fell over his face when he moved, like tiny arrows pointing to pronounced cheeckbones. "Starting to think you were going to bail on me." "Didn't know you were expecting me," she said in what she hoped was a casual voice. He gets sexier every day. "Not Expecting, but hoping. Always hoping" 
"Seth gave her that: a private space to believe in the illusion of normalcy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...