CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Friday, December 24, 2010

House of Night: Tempted

Sorry about the pics they aren't mounting up no matter what I try. Or at least some of them.
P.C Cast, co-author of the House of Night series, and author of various
other books. Kristin Cast, co-author of the House of Night series.
Title: Tempted
Authors: Kristin + P.C Cast
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: ATOM
Publication Date: October 2009
Paperback: 336

Summary: Zoey needs a break after some serious excitement. Sadly, the House of Night school for vampyres doesn't feature breaks on its curriculum - even for a High Priestess in training and her gang. Plus juggling three guys is no stress reliever, especially when one is a sexy Warrior so into protecting Zoey that he's sensing her emotions. Wider stresses lurk too, and the dark force in Tulsa's tunnels is spreading. Could Stevie Rae be responsible for more than a group of misfit fledglings? And Aphrodite's visions warn Zoey to stay away from the immortal Kalona and his dark allure - but they also show that only Zoey can stop him. She's not exactly keen to meet up, but if Zoey doesn't go to Kalona he'll exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her. She just has to find the courage to do what's necessary, or everything that's important to her will be 
destroyed.

Book Review:
Although it was annoying at times I liked this book a lot. This is one of those books where it just comes down to the person. It makes reviewing it hard because you don't want to tell someone to go and read it, and have them hate it. Actually the last three books are either my least favorite, or favorite books in the series. I don't know why, but I can't seem to decide. It is interesting to read the different character's point of views. I especially like Stevie Rae's when she made her imprint. I was upset when Heath got killed. I was really rooting for him. He is sweet, and he was there for Zoe from the beginning. Although I like Stark too. I am beginning to not really like Zoe that much anymore. She instead of growing, and maturing seems to be becoming more annoying by each book. Yeah she has a lot of problems, but lately she's kinda been acing like a slut. Besides all that I liked how Stark is so devoted to Zoe, and the new setting of this book. Overall I enjoyed this book, but I can't promise anything.

Rating: A-

Notable Quotes:
"Hey, which one of them is supposed to be your boyfriend?” Stark 
asked me. Even in the terrible shape he was in, he caught my glance 
with his. His voice was scratchy, and he sounded scarily weak, but 
his eyes sparkled with humor. 

I am!” Heath and Erik said together." 

"How will it ever be bearable, Priestess?” His voice was rough. He sounded completely broken. 
“You’ll see her again. She’s with Nyx now. She’ll either wait for you in the Goddess’s meadow, or she’ll be reborn and her soul will find you again during this lifetime. You can bear it because you know that spirit never really ends-we never really end. "

"We are all affected by our pasts, but it is within our power not to let what we have done to dictate what we will do." 

"There is a deep power in words that speak the truth

"I've loved you for as long as I can remember, and I'm going to love you for the rest of my life." 

"When you make mistakes, whether they are from this life or another, learn from them- then they become opportunities" 

"A double-edged sword 
One side destroys
One releases
I am your Gordian knot
Will you release or destroy me?
Follow truth and you shall:
Find me on water
Purify me through fire
Trapped by earth nevermore
Air will whisper to you
What spirit already knows:
That even shattered
anything is possible
If you believe
Then we shall both be free." 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...