CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

House of Night: Burned

Tittle: Burned
Author: P.C Cast + Kristin Cast
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: ATOM
Publication Date: April 2010
Paperback: 323


Summary: Zoey Redbird is the youngest High Priestess in House of Night history and is the only person – vamp or fledgling – that can stop the evil Neferet from raising all kinds of immortal trouble. And she might just have a chance if she wasn’t so busy being dead.
Well, dead is too strong a word. Stevie Rae knows she can bring her BFF back from her unscheduled va-cay in the Otherworld. But it’s going to take a lot more than hoping to bring Zoey back. Stevie Rae will have to give up a few secrets of her own . . . 


Book Review: Another great addition to the House of Night series. When Kalona kills Heath and Kalona, Zoe, and Heath go to the Otherworld things keep getting worse. Neferet is getting closer and closer to her goal. Stevie Rae may not be the most trustworthy person anymore, or is she. Stevie Rae is very loyal ut she has dark secrets that may change that. Burned is an amazing book and I had to finish in one reading. I loved the romance the action and especially Stevie Rae's point of view. I liked how she made an unlikely friendship with the "enemy". I loved the description of the Otherworld. I liked how Zoe had to come to terms with the death of her best friend Heath. I thought that it made her more relatable. Heath had to learn to let go and do what was better for Zoe, not what she wanted. His struggle of what to do, was written well and was believable. Of course I loved Stark, he is willing to risk his life and do what many other warrior's have done for their high priestess'. Seeing some of the events from Stevie Rae's point of view was also very important, I really thought that it made the book better. Though at some times it kind of annoyed me. Overall this book was pretty good. It was debatably the best or second worst book in the series. I both loved it and kinda hated it. Weird huh?


Rating: A-


Quotes: These quotes aren't necessarily from Burned, but from the series.

"Last time I saw you, I said that it hurt too much to love you. But I was wrong about that. The truth is it hurts too much not to love you.

~Heath"
"As your girlfriend, you've just pissed me off. As your High Priestess, you've just insulted me. And as someone with a working brain, you've made me wonder if you've lost every bit of your sense." 
Hey, which one of them is supposed to be your boyfriend?” Stark
asked me. Even in the terrible shape he was in, he caught my glance
with his. His voice was scratchy, and he sounded scarily weak, but
his eyes sparkled with humor.

I am!” Heath and Erik said together." 

Kristin Cast, c0-author of the House of Night Series.




P.C Cast, co-author of the House of Night Series. She has written various other books as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...