CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Firelight

Sophie Jordan, author of Firelight, and various other books.
Title: Firelight
Author: Sophie Jordan
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: September 2010
Hardcover: 323

Summary: A hidden truth. 

Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.
Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.
Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.
Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

Book Review:
I really liked this book. When I read Nightshade afterwards I found a strong similarity between them. Jacinda and Calla both are destined to be married off to the alpha. Both fall in love with a human, ect. The only difference I found was that Firelight was better. Sorry Nightshade fans, but I just found that Firelight was the overall better book. In Nightshade Shay wasn't my favorite character. I found him kinda annoying, but in Firelight I actually liked the human that Jacinda fell in love with. The love triangle was done really well. Jacinda actually had some relationship with her arranged husband. She has at least some sort of connection with her husband to be. When I read this book I didn't really know if I would like it. It was a surprise to me that I actually liked it. The depth was kinda lacking, but isn't it always in Young Adult novels. I loved the relationship that Jacinda and Will had. They are perfect for each other. I can't wait for the next book! Wow. 


Rating: A


Notable Quotes:
"I stare into his eyes, I shake my head, sorry for the chance we lost. The chance we maybe never had. But not for saving him. I would do that again, no matter the cost." 


"After running for my life from hunters, a girl with too much lip gloss doesn't register on my fear radar." 


"What good is safety if you're dead inside?" 


"I respond, thoughts dropping away, like pebbles plopping one by one in water, sinking down, down into dark oblivion." 


"I wont let him have you."  




What did you guys think of this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...