CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Nightshade

Andrea Cremer, author of Nightshade.
Title: Nightshade
Author: Andrea Cremer
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Philomel
Publication Date: October 2010
Hardcover: 454


Summary: Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


Book Review: Personally I don't really like the more romantic type books, though I liked Nightshade a lot. I thought that it was interesting and I loved all the characters, except Dax. Ren was okay, he was kind of pushy though with Calla. I didn't like how he thought of Calla, like property or something. Other than that I can't really find anything that I disliked. I thought that this was more of a romance novel than I normally would have liked. I don't mind a little romance here and there, but I just don't enjoy a lot of it. I liked Nightshade because I found that the plot and the characters interesting. It was wonderfully written and had a captivating story line. Plus it I just couldn't put it down. Overall a great book.


Rating: A


Notable Quotes:
"I didn't realize I needed to point out that if we are attacked by a fire-breathing bitch, you can change forms." 
"Ren watched us as he leaned casually against the table, holding a pair of scissors. I'd never seen a classroom tool look so dangerous." 
"That is exactly why you can't have me yet, Ren. I'm not going to share."
"The relationship of a girl and her favorite novel can be complex indeed."
"I blushed when he stepped behind me, encircling my waist with his arms.
His lips brushed against my ear. “I believe the answer that will not get me in trouble with you is: the happiest day of my life. Or something along those lines. Definitely not the end of my carefree days or when I get a ball and chain. Hmmm, I’m just realizing that I’m going to have to buy you birthday and anniversary presents at the same time. What a pain." 



Comes out July 12th 2010


I CAN'T WAIT

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...