CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Heavenly

Jennifer Laurens, author of Heavenly and various other books.

Title: Heavenly
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Publication Date: August 2009
Paperback: 296

Summary: I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoe's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoe lost in her broken life. Zoe escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoe's autistic sister. After Zoe is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.

Book Review: I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Even though Heavenly is classified as Fantasy I liked the different twist on the idea of guardian angels. Yet I am not sure if I believe in them. In the beginning of the book Zoe is really self centered and does everything for the fun of it. She hooks up with guys not caring what she does with them. I enjoyed seeing how over the course of the book she grew and began grow. She begins to make better decisions and to see how the relationship that she has with her family changes. I cannot know what it is like to live with an autistic brother or sister, but I think that Heavenly does a good job at portraying it. As for Matthias who doesn't love a guardian angel, especially when they are as loving and caring as he is. I loved the ending and the first page of Penitence. I can't wait for Penitence to come out!

Rating: A-

Notable Quotes: 
"You can't let your heart go places it's not supposed to go." 
"I had to get my mind clear and the only way I knew how was to drown in music." 
So get your head out of your heart" 
"Whenever you're around her she's calm. She's more aware. It's like you carry a frequency she can tune into." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...