CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Hunger Games

Suzanne Collins, author of The Hunger Games, and Gregore the Overlander, which is for younger kids.
Tittle: Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: October 2008
Hardcover: 374 pages


Summary: Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with every one out to make sure you don't live to see the morning? 
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

Book Review: Action. Suspense. Those two words basically sum up this book. The Hunger Games is another good book by Suzanne Collins. I love her writing style. I also liked the plot of the book. I like how it isn't like every other book out there. It is a story of it's own. I also like how there isn't an overwhelming amount of romance, but there is a little spark here and there. I like how the story revolving around the Games in which each District sends two competitors to fight to the death over glory, some better food, ect. I liked how Katniss would be brave enough to take on the responsibility of fighting for her sister. I though that the actual games were kind of annoying. I wouldn't call it boring, but I didn't like it as much as everything else. Weird, cause that makes up most of the book. Overall I thought this was a solid book. I know that this book has been out for awhile, but I've been putting off for awhile, and decided I might as well read it.

Rating: B

I haven't read these books yet, but I'll get around to it sometime.

COMING SOON!!!!







































Notable Quotes: 
"You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope." 

"I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever." 

"Destroying things is much easier than making them."

"You're the mockingjay, Katniss. While you live, the revolution lives." 

"I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don't hurt anyone but myself." 

"The bird, the pin, the song, the berries, the watch, the cracker, the dress that burst into flames. I am the mockingjay. Tho one that survived despite the Capitol's plans. The symbol of the rebellion." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...