CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Em's to-read book montage

Strange Fate
Midnight
Afterlife
Angel
Original Sin
Hellbent
A Touch Mortal
Tempest
The Gray Wolf Throne
The Enchanter Heir
Untitled
Angelfire
The Iron Witch
Entwined
The Vampire Diaries
Moonsong
Phantom
Reign Check
Reign or Shine
Fanged & Fabulous


Em - of Everything Books's favorite books »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shade

Shade
by Jeri Smith-Ready
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: May 4, 2010


Summary: Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift
Review: I actually am not sure that I can give you all a good acurate review. I didn't actually do a good job reading this book. I started it and then got kind of bored with it. I don't really know why, but I didn't like it nearly as much as the other paranormal books out there. After a few days I came back and rushed through it. Since I did this I cannot be sure if other people would like it or not. My personal opinion would be that it wasn't worth it. I got a hardcover and it was expensive! But anyway, I don't really think that it measures up to some of the other books out there. It was good, but not good enough to really stand out.


Rating: ? If I had to it would be a C-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...